Trends Learned from the Retail Supply Chain Summit 2019
The 4th Annual D3: Retail Supply Chain Summit 2019 is over. It gathered over 400 attendees, 60 speakers, and provided 20 hours of networking.
Gary González, Executive Vice President of Innovecs, attended the summit to share how Innovecs’ solution engineering addresses the supply chain challenges faced by many retailers.
Here, at Innovecs, we have helped many companies establish their logistics infrastructure and optimize warehouse and transportation management systems through the development of custom software solutions.
Insights into Retail Supply Chain Summit 2019
Communication at the summit with supply chain executives and technology innovators from retail provided an opportunity to share knowledge and expertise on the following topics:
- Analytics tools for forecasting demand and inventory allocation
- Inventory visibility solutions/DOMS
- 3PL, 4PL, freight forwarders
- Final mile and regional carriers
- Transport management systems/shipping platforms
- WMS and WCS
- Warehousing and logistics infrastructure
- Integrators and consultants
The summit also discussed the following industry trends to guide end-to-end supply chain roadmaps:
- Delivering a personalized approach through last mile innovation whilst managing costs
- Creating nimble omnichannel networks that scale and adapt to handle changes as they arise
- Tapping into existing resources to reduce waste, optimize costs, increase sustainability, and overcome capacity crunch
- Achieving accurate inventory planning, positioning, replenishment, and omnichannel order management
- Upgrading strategies and technology investments for more effective ROI and performance
- Marrying business goals with operational goals
If you didn’t attend the 4th Annual D3: Retail Supply Chain Summit USA 2019 and would like to discuss your current supply chain challenges, please reach out to Gary today.
Executive Vice President of Innovecs USA