Trends Learned from the Retail Supply Chain Summit 2019
Insights into Retail Supply Chain Summit 2019
Communication at the summit with supply chain executives and technology innovators from retail provided an opportunity to share knowledge and expertise on the following topics:
- Analytics tools for forecasting demand and inventory allocation
- Inventory visibility solutions/DOMS
- 3PL, 4PL, freight forwarders
- Final mile and regional carriers
- Transport management systems/shipping platforms
- WMS and WCS
- Warehousing and logistics infrastructure
- Integrators and consultants
The summit also discussed the following industry trends to guide end-to-end supply chain roadmaps:
- Delivering a personalized approach through last mile innovation whilst managing costs
- Creating nimble omnichannel networks that scale and adapt to handle changes as they arise
- Tapping into existing resources to reduce waste, optimize costs, increase sustainability, and overcome capacity crunch
- Achieving accurate inventory planning, positioning, replenishment, and omnichannel order management
- Upgrading strategies and technology investments for more effective ROI and performance
- Marrying business goals with operational goals
If you didn’t attend the 4th Annual D3: Retail Supply Chain Summit USA 2019 and would like to discuss your current supply chain challenges, please reach out to Gary today.
Executive Vice President of Innovecs USA
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are widely adopted across outsourcing companies such as Innovecs in the logistics, aviation, retail, many other industries. Multiple market predictions prove it is really so. Thus, the International Data Corporation (IDC) claims that AI global spending will increase to $98 billion by 2023.
As the logistics market accelerates its expansion, warehouses are keeping up with the pace, which is why warehouse efficiency becomes the number one priority. Business Insider has unveiled the Technavio stats forecasting the warehousing and storage market will witness a 6% global increase from 2018 to 2022. 44% of the predicted rise is expected to take place in the APAC region. Here is how Technavio sees the upcoming change.
August 28, 2019 — InnoCamp, an educational development program for IT specialists based on international business practices and powered by Innovecs, congratulates 20 QA students as they graduate from the latest InnoCamp QA Program. Graduates have been awarded a Certificate of Completion of Quality Assurance Manual Training Track.